sump conversion to fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. I know someone on here has done probably this exact mod before. Either way, you guys (and gals) are pretty smart. Heres the deal

I am making my sump into a fuge I am going to take the bio balls chamber and make that the fuge part. I am going to block the chamber off with 2 acrylic walls ill glue in.

The drip plate and like water inflow is right above the bio balls chamber though. How would I have to re route this. The pipe comes in at 90 degrees and pours into the drip plate down into the chamber. What would you do?

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69
Also I should probably note I want to buy a protein skimmer to throw in there and i dont really know anything about the installtion of that. not sure if that will matter in this setup question

Im not sure you will have much room to fit a protein skimmer in there. If you do the Aquamedic Turboflotor 1000 Multi only the pump needs to be submerged in the water. That may work. And your return pump zone would have to be your refugium zone as well. Have you thought about just adding a seperate tank for just a refugium?

Pull the drip plate and extend the line so it stops under the water line. That will reduce the noise.
Does that bio-ball chanber go the bottom and extend the entire depth, or is there room under the chamber, or in front of it?

The Turboflotor 1000 Multi can be used as a hang on too,

Back
Top Bottom