Sump for 90gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am upgrading my 29 Biocube to my 90 gallon on account of my freshwater fish I had for four years passed away last evening. Anyways, I am looking to make a sump for my 90 gallon tank. I've had a 65 gallon saltwater a few years back and it was SO LOUD, I must have done something wrong. I am getting the tank drilled Monday with 3/4" bulkheads. Can someone please provide a site or step by step in how to do the plumbing for the sump? I used PVC pipe on my old tank, and I am thinking that perhaps silicone tubing would be a better choice because of its flexibility? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have the sump all set up mid week.

Hello, I am upgrading my 29 Biocube to my 90 gallon on account of my freshwater fish I had for four years passed away last evening. Anyways, I am looking to make a sump for my 90 gallon tank. I've had a 65 gallon saltwater a few years back and it was SO LOUD, I must have done something wrong. I am getting the tank drilled Monday with 3/4" bulkheads. Can someone please provide a site or step by step in how to do the plumbing for the sump? I used PVC pipe on my old tank, and I am thinking that perhaps silicone tubing would be a better choice because of its flexibility? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to have the sump all set up mid week.

I built a 55g designed around his site's Model L sump. It just seem to be perfect for the sump and everything I needed it to hold. It's a great site and he's very informative with his builds.

Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums

Good luck and keep us posted as to what you decide....post some pics too!

Back
Top Bottom