Sump/fuge size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am planning on a sump/fuge for my 125G.
The space I have available is, 35" long x 16" deep x 20" high.
1. Will I be able to fit a skimmer in there?
2. What would be a good sized tank for this?

Thanks,
--Scott

Largest average sized tank for that space is a 29 gal (30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 18 3/4) but you could custom build one to match better. I assume the 35" long is due to how the stand is setup but you could use two tanks and have them connected to increase your water volume and/or for a fuge.

The 20" high is going to limit your skimmer selection. Most 125 gal stands are 30" high so I'm confused why you're limited to 20".

I am not really limited on the height. What I did was mounted my MH ballasts on the left side of the back of my tank, that's where the 35" long comes from. I spaced the ballasts out to deruce heat, but can move them over to the left more to add space on the length, the width is a tiny bit over 17". I just wanted to put out those number as a bare minimum. Sorry for the confusion.

Can you fit a 55 gal in there? That would give you more then enough room even though a 29 gal would still work. As you know the larger the better so I'd try to get the largest possible sump in the space you have.

Yeah, I saw a 55 G at petco, with the filter, hood and some other stuff for $150. I don't need the all the other stuff but thought that was a decen price. I'll have to see if I can move enought around to fit the 55 but I also wanted an auto topoff unit in there.....

Back
Top Bottom