Sump questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clayjay144

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting a 55 or 40 gallon tank and want a sump I'm not new to saltwater so I know they usually go below the tank but it putting mine on a countertop mad was wondering if it's possible to do a sump next to the tank and if so what are the options

as long as the sump is lower than the display tank, I don't see why not. You are still utilizing gravity as the main means of moving water from the tank.
If you incorporate a refugium into the sump and use a little creative design concerning water flow through the sump, no reason why it can't be configured in such a way as to present the refugium section as another display. ;)
That is exactly what I plan on doing with one either internal or on the outside of the main display, but either way it will be completely visible from a portion of the front and the one full side of the tank.
Why always hide the refugium out of site, there can be a lot of interesting things that would do well in a refugium.

here is a diagram of what I was thinking may work for you;

92584-albums13974-picture66464.jpg

You could use flex tubing as your spray bar attach it to the glass using silicone II

Back
Top Bottom