Sunsun 304 constant air from outtake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tetsmega

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I bought a Sunsun 304 for my turtle and it's been working fine for about 2 years until recently.

My problem is that a lot of air is coming out of the outtake pipes, but no air is coming in from the intake pipes. I recently cleaned out the canister and made sure to align the media trays properly. I also made sure the canister was shut properly, but air bubbles continue to shoot out.

Is there something I can do to diagnose the problem, or any steps I can take to prevent this? I've tried rocking my filter a couple times after priming and the problem continues to persist.

Look at where the hose connects to the outtake. If the hose has lists a little of its grip over time it can draw air.

How would the outtake draw air? Wouldn't that cause water to leak?

Tightening didn't fix anything, but I did detach and reattach the snap on part that connects tubing to the canister and it did kind of stop the constant air. Now there is only small spurts of air from the outtake only every once in a while. Is that an issue that's unique to the Sunsun 304? I'm using this for a turtle and I saw an amazon review that said the stock spray bar and intake strainer have bad seals on the plastic and require sealant or other things to create air tight seals, and a lower water level causes issues with water tight seals.

Back
Top Bottom