Sunsun 304B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickii

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,

Hoping someone, anyone can help me. So I have a 50 gallon tank with a red eared slider whose 7in by 8 in. I purchased the wrong tank (should have went with depth instead of height) and it's too late now. The filter is up and running and I am having no issues with it as far as that goes. My issue is because of the input and output pipes and stuff, I have to fill the tank pretty much to the top in order for it to be at the level where the water will filter. We bought a topper so he can swim up and dry out but he's soooo not into it at all. I want to fill the tank only halfway (maybe even a little less) so I can put these rocks I bought on the bottom so he can sit there and dry off. My question is (after all that lol): is there any way to bring those input and output pipes down so that I can fill it just halfway? I have an extra set each of the input and output pipes but not any tubing (I mean I could order some). Does anyone know what I'm talking about lol and is this possible?? And clearly I need the answers for dummies version so bare with me. Any help is extremely extremely appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

Yes, you can lower them. The intake, the thing with the strainer that sucks the water in, should come with little extensions that let you lower it.

For the output you will have to rig something up. I don't have a sunsun on hand but basically you just need to lower the output below the water level. You could use a piece of appropriate size PVC pipe that you could find at home depot. You would just need to figure out how to stick it together. It is very low pressure so as long is it doesn't leak or fall apart you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom