Sunsun 703B heeellllpp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doejoe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Found this stupid thing at a price I couldn’t pass up. I can NOT get the **** thing to pump. ALL hoses are full of water. Motor running. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just sits there. YouTube/google= no help whatsoever.
Last resort before the countdown to launch. I’ll notify you when to look out your windows and in what direction to watch it go up in a blaze of unglorified smoke

Do you mean that your canister filter just doesn't work? Have you checked if it has something that is obstructing both the outlet and the inlet of the filter? Does the engine have good power yet? Frankly, I have always preferred HOB filters, which are easier to maintain.

I know this is a different filter, but the primer not working properly is a common issue with fluval cannisters and this is a solution for those which might work on yours.

https://youtu.be/1rOcsYu-nvI

Otherwise old fashioned suction on the intake pipe, ive resorted to that as well.

Make sure the impeller is installed correctly, the cover plate is installed correctly over the impeller, and that it's turning properly on its little ceramic shaft

This is my first go at a canister. Always been a HOB guy so I understand. Looking for a quieter, neater option.
Yes, I’ve tried all you mentioned and more.. I work with my hands and use common sense but this thing has me baffled.
Thx

MIght as well check the stator to see if it works. Take off the head unit, turn it upside down. Remove the impeller. Plug the unit back in. Take a screwdriver and put it in the hole and move it all around. It should pull to all sides everywhere. Check for a weak spot.

I had one rattling and not pumping good, couldn't figure it out. Then after multiple times looking at it I realized the ceramic shaft on the impeller was broken. Got a new piece, works great now. With no water flow, I gotta think it's something with the impeller or magnetic drive like FW said

Back
Top Bottom