SunSun External Canister Filter, 264 GPH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok this is my first canister, and I was wondering how do I prime it? And more tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Brian

Anyone??????

Attachments

• 2013-08-23-11-46-21--1005194848.jpeg
    2013-08-23-11-46-21--1005194848.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 124
Amazing filter I have the sun sun hw series with a uv light the filter is stunning for the money priming is simple blue Push button tips cut the hoses to perfect fiting size for max water pressure any other questions?

It helps to fill the inside with conditioned water before priming.... Then tip the canister from side to side to get all the air bubbles out once primed

I ordered 2 sunsun 4 stage canister filters off amazon. So far I love them. They really do a great silent job of keeping the tanks clean. Sand stays cleaner verses gravel. However the light doesn't kill off the algae. But over all I'm a happy girl. I have my filter stacked as such from bottom to top. Basket 4.bio balls, basket 3. Ceramic rings basket 2. Ammonia chips mixed with charcoal. I just ordered lava rocks to add to them. I take a big kitchen pitcher and fill it with tank water when I clean the filter. I clean all media pouches in that pitcher and reuse. As for priming. It's a workout, but work it. My biggest problem was getting the top off to clean filter! I quickly discovered gently sliding a butter knife in one side will brake suction and do no damage. Basket handles are weak. I never remove the bottom basket out, I just remove the media, clean it, then slide it back into the bottom basket. This keeps the handles from breaking. Buy a jar of Vaseline. Use it on the gaskets and at the ends of hoses to keep leaks from happening. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom