SW heater for 155g. Help choose please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Don't want any glass. Do want auto shut-off when overheated (or out of water). Do want manual temp dial (I hear digitals sometimes re-set at a temp you didn't necessarily choose after power outages). Would like (I think) remote sensor (I like the sensor in the overflow box and the heater in my sump/fuge). Would love to have the digital temp display on the plug-in so I can see it at an easy glance.

I had the WON brothers/Proheat version. It overheated when I accidently let mu sump level get too low. Almost burned the plexiglass. Haven't used a heater since then ('bout 4 months ago). It's winter now.

Anybody used the Azoo titanium heaters? VisiTherm Stealth? Both have shut-offs. Maybe a couple of 300w? One will go in the sump main pump return chamber (with the sensor in the overflow). Hopefully, I can get the other in the opposite overflow.

Well I was going to recomend the WON brothers as that is what I use. I am not aware of any with the auto shut off, but does sound like it would be a good feature.

Yeah. I just got this "feeling" now. It did burn the plexiglass and it I was maybe 5 minutes later turning it off - BIG hole in the side of my sump. I gotta have that auto-off thingy now.
Even though I should never let the water level do that again.!!

Ever think of a DIY glass tank sump or auto top off system? My sump is a converted 30g and is divided so the compartment the heater is in will never drian as the return pump is in another area.

I got a 37g fw reservoir and a JBJ auto top-off hooked up. There was no excuse for me letting it get that low. I may have turned the top-off off for a bit. I forgot.

Visi-Therm Deluxe has glass
So maybe the Visi-Therm Stealth. It has an auto-off function when it is out of water.
Maybe two 300W? I am not sure.

Back
Top Bottom