T5 HO bulb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my 48" Nova Extreme Pro HO T5 fixture will be here tomorrow for my 55g reef tank! It comes with 3 460nm Actinic's and 3 10,000k. Is that going to be ok or should I throw any other types of bulbs in for a reef tank? What is the best brand of bulb in the T5 HO's? Also what time cycle do you recommend? Was thinking of the Actinics coming on for an hour then have the 10,000k on for 10 hours and then back to the Actinic's for an hour then shut off and the moonlights for the night?

I run VHO`s. I also run 2 super actinic and 2 50/50`s. Basically same lighting that you`ll have. You`ll have a little more intensity. I have my actinics come on an hour before my white lights come on and they stay on an hour after my white light go off. Congrats on the new lights.

Melosu are you running for 12 hours? Still have not made it out your way yet but I will hopefully in April

First off I love the T5HO Nova Extreme man the light is intense. However its seems to be really white even tho it has a mixture of three 460nm and 3 10,000k. I think I want a little more blue? or should I just keep what I have? I want good coral lights

You actually have pretty much blue there. You should get plenty of coral growth there also. Just let me know when you are in the area.

You actually have pretty much blue there. You should get plenty of coral growth there also. Just let me know when you are in the area.

I will let you know, might be May before I get there just bought the new fixture and just ordered the Hydor Wavemaker from Drs. Foster and Smith the powersheads are on sale for 50% off and the controller is only $200 for two weeks so I had to do it!

Back
Top Bottom