T5 lighting systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andre1000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
anyone got some recommendations for some t5 systems in lower price ranges? and in general prices?
i know the saying you get what you pay for but people can find gems you know

What's the tank length? And is it a reef? What are you intending to stock?

what price range do you consider lower? the cheapest i would use are probably tek from sunlight supply, or current nova extreme and nova extreme pro, as far as aquatic fixtures go.
i've also used hydroponics fixtures and was very happy with them. you will need a wide tank for them though, because the reflectors they use are much larger than the marine ones.

fishneedit.com has some pretty good fixtures IMO... and they're considerably cheaper than a lot of the others. I'm very happy with the one I have, and actually have 2 more coming in this week.

my tank is 45 gallon [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]36 x 13 x 24 right now i only got fish and looking to upgrade my light from a t5 coralight 78w and marineland double bright led to something that can support mostly anything thats not led or MH so i can hopefully get some corals iam looking for a mixed reef i just want to do some research see whats popular and good iam looking for something less then 400 bucks feedneedit.com got great prices but there sold out till may(i called) so iam just looking around. tek seems the premium choose in my budget but i just wanna know whats out there really and see what you guys think
[/FONT]

I ended up with the Aquatic Life t5's and they have been really good as far as I'm concerned. The timer on them controls each of the three (whites, blues and moon LEDs ) separately. I plugged it in, adjusted time and never thought of them again. Although it is coming time to replace the bulbs shortly.

Steve

I have a Nova Extreme 18" 2 2x18 fixture. Puts out some decent light. However after watching my tank for several weeks, I've realized that I could stand to have better lighting. There are some really reasonably priced Metal Halide fixtures out there. For a reef I'd definately say look into the MH's as well.

my tank is 45 gallon [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]36 x 13 x 24 right now i only got fish and looking to upgrade my light from a t5 coralight 78w and marineland double bright led to something that can support mostly anything thats not led or MH so i can hopefully get some corals iam looking for a mixed reef i just want to do some research see whats popular and good iam looking for something less then 400 bucks feedneedit.com got great prices but there sold out till may(i called) so iam just looking around. tek seems the premium choose in my budget but i just wanna know whats out there really and see what you guys think
[/FONT]
the moonlights don't matter, unless you like watching your tank with the lights off, barely seeing anything.
this one should allow you to keep anything you want-
Current USA Nova Extreme Pro T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 6X39 Watt, 36 inch

I have a Nova Extreme 18" 2 2x18 fixture. Puts out some decent light. However after watching my tank for several weeks, I've realized that I could stand to have better lighting. There are some really reasonably priced Metal Halide fixtures out there. For a reef I'd definately say look into the MH's as well.
36 watts of T5 and your not convinced, so you are thinking of using halides? the next step up in halides is the 70 watter. i bet the fixture you have puts out more PAR than a 70 watt halide.

Back
Top Bottom