T5HO Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there something comparable to these? Where is a good place to find them? I might post on here on classifieds when I have the cash, but would like to know a little about them first.

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:Holy crap lol. I way can't afford that. Also I don't know how I would get them on my tank, is that the hood too?

EDIT: I could probably get away with getting the 55$ ones, but I still don't know how I would set them up. I am guessing instructions come with them anyways. Thanks :)

So I didn't know you had a 30" tank until after I posted those, so those wouldn't work. I'll try to find you another one.

hmm... that's pretty nice. do you think I could get away with just a fluorescant (sp) fixture instead? they seem to be a little cheaper, and I am not planning on going too high maintenance. I don't have the time to give a lot of plant maintenance between my son and the other tanks I have, plus taking care of this one once its up lol

edit: actually i kind of like that one you showed me, the nova. might just save for it ...it will probably be worth it. but are the bulbs easy to find? does it have to be a specific bulb or can i just get some at petsmart or something?

Well you might could get away with some anubias, java ferns and crypts and some other low lights so if that's ok with you, you probably could. A low light tank is usually easier to care for since the plants don't have as much of a demand for nutrients, etc. Might want to have someone else clarify because I'm not the expert with the amount of light need for plants lol.

yes I have been reading on maintenance levels. It would be nice to be able to get into higher maintenance down the road though. thanks for putting up with all my questions lol. it's been slow around here today ! I definitely want java fern, maybe crypts. I know I like swords too but still figuring out how I want to do that. I still have time. luckily lol

That t5ho fixture, the nova extreme is a good one for the price. I have 4 fixtures of that brand and I'm happy with them all. T5HO bulbs are easy to find...not sure about petsmart or petco but I'm sure they would have some options. You'll find that bulbs are usually cheaper online though, even with shipping. T5HO bulbs should last around a year before you need to replace them....longer than T8 or T12 bulbs (regular fluorescent). I used to swear by PC fixtures :)D) but now I'm a T5HO person all the way. All my tanks have T5HO fixtures now....took me awhile to upgrade them all though.

Yeah it might take me a little while to get the Nova one; even though it is a good price for that light it is still something I can't afford to spend 55$ on. Diapers aren't cheap! lol. But I think I am going to save up for it and I should be able to set it up by the time my tank is cycled.

I'm a T5HO person all the way. All my tanks have T5HO fixtures now....took me awhile to upgrade them all though.
finally get all the t5ho updated and LED start to come in and bang time to upgrade again lol

Lol yeah those are nice, but 55$ is even a lot for me atm. It looks like I am going to have to wait to plant my tank because it will be a while before I can get some good lighting.

what size tank again. t5ho are the best out there now but you might be able to get away with getting a hood with screw in bulbs and put some clf in it.

Back
Top Bottom