Tank capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roberz00

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey gang,
I have a friend who has recieved a tank but doesnot know how many gallons it holds. I have the measurements and was hoping one of you good folks may be able to tell me the gallon capacity.
The measurements are:

4 feet long by
20 inches deep by
12 an 1/2 inches wide

THanks in Advance,

it's sold as a 55g tank, but if you subtract the volume of the glass, and the added height from the frame, it's a lot closer to 45g, funny how that works out...

by my calculations tho its 75 gallons????? using that converter
4 foot long...a given
20 inches deep top to bottom
18inches wide front to back

came out to 74.81 us gallons

if it's actually 18" then yes it would be sold as a 75g aquarium, but the actual water volume is 69.686g (based on my 75g aquariums measurements)

this just proves to me that my brain already has left to go on vacation. That means the family and I get to play catch up to it. I'm still aughing at my obvious mistake that my 6 year old caught and I was correcting her. eeeesh

These things are less simple than they should be. A bought a 3g pico, but I could not put 3g of water in it, barely 2.5. How is that accurate advertising?

well it's just like the 8'x10' rug. ever measure it? it comes out to 7'7" x 9'6".

i always wondered if you were supposed to enter in the inside measurements or the outside measurements into those calculators.

What has led you to believe that anything aquaria related is advertised accurately? The 2G plastic creature habitats with 3 goldfish pictured on the box? The filters "rated" for 20G are barely adequate for 10G, etc. etc.

Next time I go shopping for a habitat I will take gallon bags of water with me and make sure I can fit in the number I want : /. I am also thinking of squirting the LGS staff with water everytime they tell me something dumb and irresponsible--I mean, they have to learn right?

Next time I go shopping for a habitat I will take gallon bags of water with me and make sure I can fit in the number I want : /. I am also thinking of squirting the LGS staff with water everytime they tell me something dumb and irresponsible--I mean, they have to learn right?

ROFL!! If you do have someone film it and get it on youtube ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom