Tank Circulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffmd212

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering what everyone use for tank circulation. Right now I have three submerged pumps in my 62 gal, but I do not seem to have the flow I need so I was think of replacing them. Just curious what else is out there in use.
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 91
Hello ffmd212, I'm returning to the saltwater world after taking a few years off from owning a 100 gal salt tank. I currently have a 33 gal hex. I use an additional Hydor Koralia 2 pump which shoots from the top downward off the hex walls in a spiral. So far, I haven't had any problems with the Koralia pump. I like the pump because it can be used with standard hang-on or magnetic. The magnetic backing allows me to place the pump anywhere I choose.

I have a new setup that it is rather large so for the flow problem I also found Koralia pumps easy to use and very to place........ 2 of these would give you a good flow. What stock do you have in the system at the moment?

I built a closed loop circiut with a Gen-x pump mounted under my 150 gal. and 3/4" pvc pipe to and from the tank. I made a spray bar that runs the length of the tank with 1/4" holes drilled in it every 2". The piping is hidden behind the rockwork and is hardly visible.

I have a new setup that it is rather large so for the flow problem I also found Koralia pumps easy to use and very to place........ 2 of these would give you a good flow. What stock do you have in the system at the moment?
I have four damsels and a clean crew that just arrived today. I am gonna add some more live rock soon then a hippo tang next I think. I think I will be purchasing these pumps soon, I have gotten a lot of folks telling me they work vey well. Thanks for the help

I built a closed loop circiut with a Gen-x pump mounted under my 150 gal. and 3/4" pvc pipe to and from the tank. I made a spray bar that runs the length of the tank with 1/4" holes drilled in it every 2". The piping is hidden behind the rockwork and is hardly visible.
That is very cool!

Back
Top Bottom