tank stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missgingersnap

Aquarium Advice Activist
This might be a stupid question, but I'm a total newbie. I'm looking at a used 48 gallon diamond shaped corner tank but it doesn't have a stand. Can I use a really sturdy tv stand or table as a stand or is that not safe? Thanks!

The stand needs to be able to handle about 500lbs. I would be concerned with using anything other then a solid wood stand. Most TV stands are particle board and don't like getting wet.

Thanks guys. I ended up buying a used tank that had a stand in the end. Now I have to wait for the boring fishless cycle before I can put my fish in there. :)

i would also put foam under the tank to stablize it

DO NOT put foam under the tank unless the manufacturer of the tank specifically states that foam should be used. If it is a standard AGA, Perfecto or similar tank with plastic trim it is to be set directly on the surface you are using as a stand. Foam will void any and all warranties.

I am speaking from personal experience. Tanks with plastic trim are not designed to have foam under them.

Back
Top Bottom