Tank turn off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bazz56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got to have my electric fuse box replaced so the electric will be off for 2 to 3 hour wot do I do about Mt tank I got a battery pump how about the heater

A few hours wont be a problem. People have unexpected power outages of longer periods than that without even noticing or experiencing any issues.

You have your battery pump to aerate the water, which is what will be of most concern, but even that shouldn't be an issue for the time period you are talking about. Temperature shouldn't drop too much or quickly in that space of time, but wrap the tank in a blanket or insulating blanket to minimise that if you are still concerned.

If you want to be ultra cautious, then you could avoid feeding for 24 hours before the outage to minimise waste, and double dose prime to detoxify any ammonia build up.

Earlier today i got dragged into a teams meeting for 2 hours mid water change. Half filled tank, no filter, no heater, no problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom