Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-25-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tank turn off

I got to have my electric fuse box replaced so the electric will be off for 2 to 3 hour wot do I do about Mt tank I got a battery pump how about the heater

Old 01-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

A few hours wont be a problem. People have unexpected power outages of longer periods than that without even noticing or experiencing any issues.

You have your battery pump to aerate the water, which is what will be of most concern, but even that shouldn't be an issue for the time period you are talking about. Temperature shouldn't drop too much or quickly in that space of time, but wrap the tank in a blanket or insulating blanket to minimise that if you are still concerned.

If you want to be ultra cautious, then you could avoid feeding for 24 hours before the outage to minimise waste, and double dose prime to detoxify any ammonia build up.

Earlier today i got dragged into a teams meeting for 2 hours mid water change. Half filled tank, no filter, no heater, no problems.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks puts my mind at rest

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com