TEK Marine Lighting Questions - Bulb Choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbecher

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All,

I've read good things, and was looking at picking up the 6x54w TEK Lighting system (T5HO). It comes with a few bulb choices from aquacave, so I want to get your opinions on them and what set you all think I should get:

Option 1:
4 x AquaSun 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting
2 x Super Actinic R 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting

Option 2:
4 x Actinic White 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting

Option 3:
2 x AquaSun 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting
2 x Actinic White 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting

Option 4:
6 x Planta 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by Aqua Medic

It only has 2 cords to indpenedently power what I'm assuming will be 3 bulbs at a time, so keep in mind that I'd like to have 3 bulbs as the dawn/dusk ones, which I'll assume will have 2 actinics and something else. Thanks for any help!

Edit: For a standard 75g

Correct you are.. I'd do (4) 10000K and (2) Actinic, or (3) 10000K and (3) 50/50. I like 10000K lights , they start to creep it the blue zone so that's why I'd keep the actinics at less than half.

Last edited:
I agree, also, make sure you buy the splash guards. I think they are sold separately.

Yeah, I was going to pick up thw splash guard and legs, since it's impossible to hang things in buildings on our base, haha.

So, If I do

Option 2:
4 x Actinic White 54W T5 Fluorescent Aquarium Lamps by UV Lighting

Which is what I think you suggested Captain (2 10k's 2 actinics) You would run 3 bulbs (2 actinics 1 10k) for dawn and dusk, and then turn on the other 3 10k's for the daylight hours?

Back
Top Bottom