Tempered glass question for Tetra 29G...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deanp88

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need some help finding some info. I am building a refugium out of a Tetra 29G tank and want to drill a hole in it but do not know if the tank is tempered. I have searched the web including the Tetra website and cannot find any info on the tank. Does anyone know if this tank is tempered or at least where I could find info on it? I want to use an external pump for return because that is what I have. If it is tempered, would it work if I piped up over the side of the tank into the water? Thanks for the help!!

usually it is just the bottom that is tempered glass, but I'm not 100% sure if that goes for all tanks

Thanks. I've been to that website and am currently still waiting on a reply. I intend to drill thru the side of the tank rather than the bottom. I have a question for you refugium users. My refugium will have 3 sections. One with live rock, one that is the "refugium" and one section holding equuipment, skimmer, heater ect. Refugium is in center. Would you have the display tank overflow go into the section with live rock or the other end where the equipment is?

Hmmm

You didnt say, do you have an actual mechanical filter in this setup anywhere ??, also just a thought, i rigged up a similar setup once and had a 20 long under my tank with nothing but calurpa in it, and a strong compact flourecent that i ran 12 hrs a day, and that was my last stop before the water went back to the main tank, kinda like a mini- algae scrubber. No stats on how much good that did, but it made me feel better

I intend to build a place on either side that I can place filter pads and charcoal if needed but not sure which side to but it on. I want it on the side that overflows from the display tank but should that be the live rock side or the equipment side?

If this tank is tempered on side walls, does anyone see a problem with plumbing up over the side of the tank and back down using my external pump? Would consist of about 35-40" of plumbing drawing water vertical about 18 inches.

Back
Top Bottom