Tetra 29 gallon kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markteaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently purchased the Tetra 29 gallon kit. Unfortunately I no longer have the box and it's almost impossible to find specifications for the lighting. Anyone have this set up or know anything about it? I.e kelvin, wattage ect?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have it! The lighting is, in a word, abysmal. I don't remember the exact specs but I looked them up a while back and suffice to say I don't think it's even good enough for java moss.

Oh god ? did you upgrade in any way bud? I love the sleek look to it but I would like to grow plants more

Oh god ? did you upgrade in any way bud? I love the sleek look to it but I would like to grow plants more

Nah, I've never even done plants until the dwarf puffer tank i set up. I considered it for the 29 kit, but the lights were too low and my fiance and I couldn't afford to upgrade it. Plus, it was her first fish tank so she wanted to keep it simple and stick with fish.

I'm fairly certain though that you could rip out the LEDs that are in it and replace them with better ones? I know very little about lighting so I don't know about how you'd go about that but I do recall the lights themselves being removable.

Thanks a lot but. If I look into it I'll be sure to let you know if I find a cheap way

Instead of plants you could make a coldwater stream tank with fish such as white cloud mountain minnows, and hillstream loaches. The lighting would be fine and all you would need is a small powerhead and some rocks and you should be fine. The light would cause enough algae growth for the loaches to graze on. I know this because i had the same kit for my 10 gallon.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. Unfortunately I already have a few fish lined up just dying to relocate so it's not really an option for me. Appreciate it though

Just going to upgrade to new hood and lights. Can anybody recommend one? Dimension are 30x18. Don't care if it is fluorescent or LED. Need lights to grow at least low light plants but preferably medium. The cheaper the better as long as it works but any suggestions are welcome

Finnex Stingry LED is fairly cheap, and is good for low light/low tech setups. Definitely go for an LED because fluorescents have to be changed much more often then LEDs so you'll save money in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom