Tetra Tec PF 500 Power Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

God, this filter is huge! I'm going to have to return it because the monster doesn't fit on the back of my tank, it comes so far out over the hood I couldn't put a light on one side. Plus, its at least 150% of the size of my whisper 60, a lot louder, and the replacement carts are more. Why did I get a new filter, my Whisper was working just fine :(

And, as a side note, don't you think things like this should be listed so you can measure them on your tank before you buy? Why even make a filter for 55g tanks that won't fit on the standard 55g rectangular tanks that probably 90%+ of people with tanks in the 50-70 gallon range have? I can't imagine a single tank it would fit on except for one with custom lighting that you could move up to the front of the tank. Even then you would have to take the light off every time you wanted to open up the tank. Grrrrr :x

I had a tetraTek PF 500 and literally cannot say enough bad about it. The thing is, as you noted, huge. Not only that it makes tons of noise when it drains the foam chamber, is hard to get re-started and needs constant fiddling to keep working.

Back
Top Bottom