Thermometer/Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebob69

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it worth the money to buy a really good thermometer..and if so..any suggested brands? It's for a 55 gallon freshwater planted tank.

Also, as far as heaters go...is ebo-jagger the best out there or are you just paying for the name. Is it beneficial at all to go with 2 smaller heaters as opposed to one larger one, to heat the tank more evenly and provide some backup in case one dies?

Thanks.

Two heaters are definitely better than one but I would go with the Titanium Heaters.
They are very strong and you dont have to worry about your fish breaking the glass.JMO

These come with come with a wall mounting control(thermostat) and a temp. sensor that helps with accurate temp. control.

Can be ordered from Pet Solutions(www.petsolutions.com)
100w=$20.99
150w=$21.99
200w=$22.99
300w=$24.99
HTH

I use Ebo Jagers and still have a couple Visa Therms, which are being replaced. It is worth the money for a good heater. I have been hearing more about the Titanium heaters and may have to check them out. I only have one heater in my 50, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes to use two smaller wattage heaters (I just don't have enough outlets :? ).
I have a couple of thermometers that were no more than $4 CAD a piece. I don't leave them in the tank.

You could always put larger plants in front of the heaters, or a some driftwood
ps, my sis is moving to kingston next year, ha
good luck with the heaters

am also setting up a 55 gal tank and like the idea of two smaller heater instead of one. what sizes and brands should i get?

id suggest the whisper tetra. no problems except the one i moved from the 10 to the 29 gallon wont stick on the wall (its like 6 montsh old now) im sure its because the sands still floating through the water. i think ill needa get another one. the 1-30 is 100 watts and its like 18$ 50 watts is like 14. and the 30-60 gallon one is like 25$

Back
Top Bottom