Thermometer recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesktopTankDiva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone recommend an attractive and accurate thermometer for a small 3.5 gallon tank? I've heard the adhesive strip sort does not work that well and I'd like something more attractive than the plain glass tube kind. And I would like for it not to take up too much space as I don't have much to spare. Are their any nano thermometers that anyone has come across?

Thanks!
DesktopD

Oh that's so cool, I didn't even know digital thermometers existed for aquariums. I saw they even have one that connects to a usb. I may just have to get one!

Thanks!

@

I agree with King Fisher. I have that digital thermometer and much prefer it over the plain glass tube one I used to have. It reads well, is easy to hide, and makes checking the temperature easy.

For me, the digital thermometer fail. The glass tube is like a timex watch

I agree with the digital ones , but I have gone to using heater controllers like the Inkbird ones so I don't really check the temps of my tanks because I trust the controller to keep it within reason and I can rely on the controller .

I agree with the digital ones , but I have gone to using heater controllers like the Inkbird ones so I don't really check the temps of my tanks because I trust the controller to keep it within reason and I can rely on the controller .
Depends on room temp a lot of times with the built in thermometer settings on the heater. For example, I keep my tanks in a basement and in the winter when it hits 58 degrees down there I would have to set the temp on the heater at 85 degrees to keep my tank at 77 degrees. Lid or no lid also changes things. I always have a back up to compare temps.

If you are able check your digital thermometer against something that is accurate. I have a Thermoworks Digital instant read thermometer that is calibrated and is accurate and reads 2 degrees F lower than my digital tank thermometer so you adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom