Time for a New filter (F/W)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danny_75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all.
Just after some advise on what external filter to get!
I only have a 200l tank but well stocked with cichlids. I am looking for a new larger filter to handle the waste. Does anyone have any ideas or links to reviews?

Thanks for any help.

I havnt tbh. I have a Fluval 205(ex) at the min and dont feal its big enough.I might get kicked off the site but have been looking at the 405 but thought it will be best asking the experts :)

I have rena xp series canister and love them. You could add it to the tank and continue to run the HOB with just filter floss to polish the water. That is what I run and my water is crystal clear in my 115g full of cichlids.

I havnt tbh. I have a Fluval 205(ex) at the min and dont feal its big enough.I might get kicked off the site but have been looking at the 405 but thought it will be best asking the experts :)
the 405 is an awesome filter... ive got one and a 305 and they do an excellent job. the thing i like about them over some of the other filters is the disconnect. Just shut off the valve, lift up the handle, and pull the filter out from under the tank.

Ye i do like that,makes life easy when changing water.I think i will go for the 405 there only about £89.00 on ebay.

I found one on there for £84.50. With Free P+P. I'll PM you the link if you want. (Can I post sales links on this forum?)

I would have gone for this one a few days ago, but I'm not sure how the Warranty would work. Fluval warranty asks for name and location of store. I'm sure that would pretty much destroy the warranty if I put "eBay".
icon10.gif

Matt.

I found one on there for £84.50. With Free P+P. I'll PM you the link if you want. (Can I post sales links on this forum?)

I would have gone for this one a few days ago, but I'm not sure how the Warranty would work. Fluval warranty asks for name and location of store. I'm sure that would pretty much destroy the warranty if I put "eBay".
icon10.gif

Matt.

ye please mate, might not post to the UK but can only ask.

Back
Top Bottom