Time for bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
guys the 125 has settled in, the scrubber is doing it's thing and a few of my corals are as well. I found a deal on craigslist, a guy was selling some things. I picked up a torch, trumpet, and a zoa cluster. I also got a gold maxima clam($10) couldn't pass him up. The fixture is a nova extreme t5ho 12 bulb. I remember Floyd wrinting on my startup thread(5 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Purple Plus, and 1 Geisemann Aquablue.) I am going with either of these(whichever gives more par.) What combination of lamps and it what order would give off a lighter blue look? But still give good par numbers?

any of the ATI or giesemann lamps put off good PAR. that fixture you have is plenty for the corals you are keeping. so, if i'm reading you correctly, you want to decrease the amount of blue? if so, remove some of the blue bulbs and replace them with ATI aquablue special.

12 bulbs? wow that is a lot for a 125 lol

You dont want to overkill so I would go:

blue, blue, purple, white, blue, white plus, blue, deep purple, white plus, purple, blue,blue

Geez Doug, make me feel better about my $300 light would ya. Would 8 aquablues and 4 purple plus be good or would that be too much of a washing out effect?

i don't care much for korallen zucht fiji purple or ATI purple plus. i like a mixture of ATI aquablue special and ATI blue plus. possibly a UVL 75/25 in there somewhere, but that's about all the excitement i need.
you have a very good fixture. i don't mean to downgrade it. i was just bringing rush down to earth.

I was was aggrevating you. Or could 6 each giesemann 6000k powerchromes and ati aquablues give a good look and make that pop look? I would like a little growth as well. When it comes to lights, I am lost, I know what I want, but don't know how to get it.

i don't think three 6000k lamps are going to make the corals pop. i think you should use at least 10k lamps for daylights. 6000k lamps look quite yellow. people use one or two of them in the mix just for extra PAR, but honestly, i don't think they are necessary.
the ATI 12k lamp (aquablue special) has plenty of PAR.

Oh ok. I have read somwhere that the 6000k gives better growth for coral. I guess the same goes for algae? So would 8 aquablues and and 4 blue plus do the trick?

Alright cool. I'll give the 6 and 6 a shot. I would rather be a little on the white side than alot blue side.

Back
Top Bottom