Timer for lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you can get timers my lfs has the power strips with the timers built rite in them if your lfs doesn't have em you can get them online I think Dr. foster and Smith have them. I htink marineland make a couple.

You can also get timers at home improvement stores like Lowes. They have some for only $8. Thats where I got mine and it works great. It just plugs into the wall and you plug the light into it.

yeah i agree with emptyh, i just got mine at the local wal mart, no sense in spending a fortune for something you can get for next to nothing.... i hope this helps

EmptyH said:
You can also get timers at home improvement stores like Lowes. They have some for only $8. Thats where I got mine and it works great. It just plugs into the wall and you plug the light into it.

Awesome!
Thanks

It can depend on the light strip you have, but there is an easy test. Turn lights on...unplug...plug back in. If lights come on, you are good to go. Most will not have a problem but I had one that you had to turn on after unplugging it.

Apocalypse_Gold said:
It can depend on the light strip you have, but there is an easy test. Turn lights on...unplug...plug back in. If lights come on, you are good to go. Most will not have a problem but I had one that you had to turn on after unplugging it.

Good to know....

I am getting some moonlights, so I will keep the lights on for about 14 hrs, and keep the LED moonlights on for about 10. Sweet Sweet.

becareful not ot buy a random timer lol i did that, 3 hours on, 14 off, 2 horus back on, another thing i had to get rid of lol

Back
Top Bottom