Tip in using Eheim Quick Vac Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NDCpix.com

Aquarium Advice Newbie
There is a way use this vacuum cleaner to pick up more detritus and reduce cloudiness in your tank. The normal problem when using your Eheim vac is that you have fine particles getting past the mesh screen thereby causing cloudiness in your tank.

By grabbing two standard sized sheets of kitchen paper towels, like Brawny or whatever. Wrap it tightly around the mesh basket area of the vacuum. Then, bind it with three rubber bands with two on the ends and one in the middle.

You should be set.

I was able to solidly fill my basket up with the detritus and muck from my dirty, dirty gravel bed. It was the first time that I was able to do this. This will change your mind about this vacuum cleaner.

So, if you have one of these Eheim Quick Vac Pros, give it a try.

ndcpix.com

Please watch my video: The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) under the forum Show Off/Photography.

There is a way use this vacuum cleaner to pick up more detritus and reduce cloudiness in your tank. The normal problem when using your Eheim vac is that you have fine particles getting past the mesh screen thereby causing cloudiness in your tank.

By grabbing two standard sized sheets of kitchen paper towels, like Brawny or whatever. Wrap it tightly around the mesh basket area of the vacuum. Then, bind it with three rubber bands with two on the ends and one in the middle.

You should be set.

I was able to solidly fill my basket up with the detritus and muck from my dirty, dirty gravel bed. It was the first time that I was able to do this. This will change your mind about this vacuum cleaner.

So, if you have one of these Eheim Quick Vac Pros, give it a try.

ndcpix.com

Please watch my video: The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) under the forum Show Off/Photography.
Nice tip. I was thinking of investing in one these myself. There is a thread(link below) for tips/tricks. You should post this tip in there too. Pictures are always helpful too!!!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/tip-trick-of-the-day-312829.html#post2980150

Back
Top Bottom