TOM rapids pro wet dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, that seems like a lot of money for something that probably isn't the best thing for a reef tank.

What size tank do you have and what do you plan on having in it?

I have that system for my 75-gallon. It is only good the way it is for a FOWLR. If you want a reef tank you need to replace pretty much everything in there..... replace the bio-balls with live rock rubble replace the carbon pillow and glass cylinders with something like chemi-pure or purigen. Otherwise the nitrates stay way too high. I have made those changes and it works pretty good. Except the skimmer kind of sucks, doesnt produce a whole lot of foam. The bottom line is, overall im happy with it, Im not disappointed I bought it, but if I started over again I would get something with a true sump and refugium. It would easily keep a 46gallon FOWLR in check. I got ripped off when I bought mine from my LFS(he recommended it) I paid $375 and then a month later I saw it on marinedepot.com and customaquatics.com for about $225 with shipping. I also bought the automatic water top-off attachment for it, which is pretty nice.

If you are remotely handy you can do the same thing yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Did you buy the bow stand to go with the tank?

There are a lot of options to make your own sump/fuge even usuing a $10tote from walmart. Spending $250+ on something that isn't going to do what you need or want it to do is a waste of money. If you want some ideas on sumps have a look here Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums .

I'm sure you can get some ideas and see that you don't have to spend all that money.

Back
Top Bottom