Two tanks on one stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abemas

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found a used tank setup that has two 29 gallon takes side by side on a 48" wide stand. Is this just a hodgepodge setup or is there actually a common reason for doing this? Seller is asking $50 for the whole setup.

is this a CL listing? post the link.... ive never seen a manufactured stand for 2 side by side 29 g tanks... im guessing its something he made himself...?

He is a picture of the setup. The seller says they have been empty for a good 10 years.

Attachments

• aquarium.jpg
    aquarium.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 90
Those are some odd tanks, but I see nothing wrong with the setup. It's not much different than having one 4ft long 60g tank as far as the stand is concerned.

Should I be concerned about the seals seeing as they have sat empty for the past 10 to 15 years? I'm having a hard time passing them up for $50 bucks.

for $50 you can always get some new silicone and reseal them...

you may run into a lighting issue if you plan on keeping two different types of tanks...

The seals look good in the pictures, but it's hard to tell. If it's not flaking or peeling, test it. Silicone is pretty cheap.

Sitting empty and dry will not harm the silicone. Fill them up and see if they leak.

Or ask the seller to fill them so you can see they hold water before you buy them?

That setup is just begging for a water bridge type arrangement!
Bio-Elite Aquarium Water-Bridge
With the tanks being so close then it shouldn't be too hard to do with a bit of flexible tubing!

(It also means you only need to run one canister filter for both tanks!)

Back
Top Bottom