Uneven surface - top of wire shelf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zane0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys - I'm trying to set a rimless ~10 gallon bow front tank on the top shelf of a wire rack. The rack has very high weight tolerance (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075TJ7955?). So that isn't going to be a problem. The problem is that the tank extends across the entire shelf, including the posts, which makes for a very uneven surface. I'm pretty sure a rimless can't just rest on the corners as shown. And I don't think placing a foam pad underneath will be adequate. My best idea is to just put a 3/4" piece of plywood on top of the four corners and expect it hold up to bowing in the middle. Thoughts and ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 16
The plywood might be your best bet. Get the thickest you can so that there won't be much movement from the weight of the tank. I do suggest using styrofoam under the tank/over the plywood to help compensate for any slight movements. (y)

All glass rimless tanks should have 3/4” plywood under them with the neoprene mat to smooth out any imperfections.

Back
Top Bottom