Unknown JEBO PC Light Fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalparamedic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a JEBO PC light fixture that has 4 55W PC straight pin bulbs in it. All of the bulbs need replacing and I was wondering can i replace these bulbs with 65W bulbs? How do I know what wattage this fixture can handle? It is an older unit that I got used. It works great, just that it came with older bulbs... All I know is it is 48" across and is Silver, has Two on/off switches and the word JEBO across the top... I will try to post a pic

Thank you, I didn't even think about the ballasts... Other than that, despite names, are there any differences between companies? I know there are some that are pricier than others, this is why I ask...

Also, is it wise to just keep the Actinic bulbs in my fixture or to get the LED kind that are submersible?

That's like asking if there is a difference between Honda and Acura. Both make similar cars but one performs considerably better and you get what you pay for.

A lot of people use Jebo because they are cheap and most are happy with their PC lighting products but not with their MH products. Typically they aren't vented as well as other products and run a little hotter and they tend to fail quicker.

CoraLife and Current U.S.A tend to put out higher quality products IMO.

Back
Top Bottom