Upgrading to Hydor Koralia's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a cheapo ebay powerhead which works fine, but it's big and bulky, kind of loud, and sometimes the suction cups let loose and I wind up with a sand storm! I'm thinking of buying a koralia 425. Would this be enough flow for my 30 gal tank? I have the current ph on the right side of the tank and on the left is the return line from the sump which puts out a good flow. Would 1 koralia 425 be enough?

That should be enough. If they don't take up to much space a couple 240s might be better to make the flow more chaotic.

I agree with adding 2 of the 240's placed so they are forming an X pattern or directed at each other. Either way will give you the chaotic flow you want.

Just got 2 240's in!! I tested one out in the sink and it seems like not enough flow..... Do you think it will be ok? Or should I upgrade to 2 425's? I have a small window of time to return them....

I have two 750 evolutions on my 46 gallon and a nano at the ready for any dead spots or slow moving areas. Flow is good, surface movement is good, and i havent had any problems with them.

Back
Top Bottom