Used 240 Gal Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jzandreiatti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just purchased a 240 Gallon Tank. measures out at 8Ft x 2ft x 2ft. Can someone give me some cost effective pointers setup for a tank of this magnitude? It has a huge stand that is completely open. So room is not an issue. I will be purchasing the equipment to filter, move water and such. Just not sure on what should be best here.

I want to start out practical and cost effective.

What works best in this size tank...

I am doing a saltwater setup with fish and live corals. Thinking sand substrate.

So let me hear your thoughts?

Is it drilled? You’ll want a sump for that size tank, protein skimmer, power heads, lighting, salt, rock, sand, rodi unit, heaters. You’re looking at a pretty hefty startup cost for that size system. Depending on the quality of lights alone could cost 2-3k. Have you had a reef tank before?

Is it drilled? You’ll want a sump for that size tank, protein skimmer, power heads, lighting, salt, rock, sand, rodi unit, heaters. You’re looking at a pretty hefty startup cost for that size system. Depending on the quality of lights alone could cost 2-3k. Have you had a reef tank before?

Purchased the tank for $100. Lady was moving and HAD to sell quick.

* No its not drilled.
* What size sump
* sump/skimmer combo? (Or best to separate?)
* Already have lights for tank (Led with day cycle)
* Someone said stay away from power heads but use wave makers in a tank this size.
* Ya I've had reef, but not at this level or size planned

Power heads and wave makers are the same thing. You’ll want like a 50-75 gallon sump most likely, the bigger the better. Just because they’re leds doesn’t mean they’ll grow corals. What brand?

Back
Top Bottom