Used tank came with lots of stuff for salt water set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisa67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a great deal on a 72 gal bow front tank. I plan to use it for fresh water fish, but the previous owner used it as a salt water tank. It came with lots of stuff I can't identify (and don't think I can use). According to the add I have:
2 standard power heads
1 rotational power head
Overflow box, wet/dry filter with drainage hose, bio-balls, prefilter, sump screen, and dispersion box.
There is also something that looks like an electronic thermostat. Think it may connect to some sort of heater, (not sure).

I have no experience with salt water. If I can't use any of this stuff I'd like to sell it on ebay or craigslist. How would I find out what it's worth?
I was thinking of taking it to the local pet store to ask someone but we only have Petco and PetSmart....doubt they would have any idea.

Sounds like you can use all of it if you want. While I like canisters over wet/dry filters or sumps, they work very well. Some people like to run powerheads with their africans. I think its just all up to you whether you want to keep it or sell it.

I've been thinking about it and It all sounds much more complicated than my HOB filter. I'm not sure what a powerhead even does, but my tank seems fine without it. Besides, I don't know how safe it would be after all that salt water.

Back
Top Bottom