uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venomfreak65

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to this hobby, just getting started actually. I'm getting a 125g saltwater tank and am looking into a uv sterilizer. Do i need to buy a separate pump with that or does it come with them? I really hope i can plug into one of my filters or sum thin cause pumps are like $200 plus the sterilizer is about 180. Any help would be grateful thanks!

Some come with the pump and some don't. It should say but you don't need a powerful pump anyways. Infact you need a weak one. The only thing UV sterilizer helps with is getting rid of green water and rarely ick. I own a UV sterilizer but mines is built into my canister filter

if your getting a uv I would get an aqua ultraviolet uv they make some of the best. Also you should try to use your main pump becauase all the water should flow through the uv for it to be truly effective. If you contact the customer service they'll give you the size and flow rates you should use. Hope this helps you

Back
Top Bottom