uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

produceb

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am debating getting a uv sterilizer, what are the drawbacks, and or anyones thoughts on if this is a good idea. Thank

Moved to Hardware/Equipment forum:

IMO the benefits out way the minor draw backs. We have a good article that covers both.

I also agree that the benefits outweigh any drawbacks that there might be.

Even though that is a good one I suggest the coralife turbo twist. IMO and IME they have excellent track records. This is what I use.

here

I know what the answer will probally be (you get what you pay for) but you never know. It is not always like that, I take my truck to jiffy lube for a oil change and my darn wife will never go anywhere but lexus for her's and I know and tell her that they do the same darn thing for 5 times less. Okay just venting.

Anyone have any experiences with the jebo sterilezer? the price seems to good to be true.

It`s your money and you get what you want. I just posted what I use and my experience. But ultimately it`s up to you. One thing about the turbo twist is that it has a higher kill ratio due to it traveling in circles and staying longer in the lighted chamber.

Sterilizers are awesome. Not only do they kill bacteria but make your tank crystal clear. And like everyone here, go with the coralife turbo twist. I plan to get one once mine gives up.

How have you guys set your's up? I just bought the 25W Aqua Ultraviolet and the thing is like 20 inches long, plus they don't provide any mounting brackets.

So its looks like I will need to strap it into the cabinet, buy some pvc elbows to run the vinyl tubing into, and call it a day. If there are any suggestions on better ways of installing one into the return line from my sump, please reply.

I have mine in my return line. I just cut my return line and have it going in and out back to the main. I use the turbo twist though.

should I get rid of my snails, it sounds like they kill the algae

The snails eat the algae, they also eat fish waste, clean the glass, stir the sand and are a great part of my clean up crew.

Back
Top Bottom