UV Sterilizer & Sumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs.octavia.rollins

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Husband & I are looking into a UV Sterilizer for our Saltwater Aquarium.. Does anyone know of a good brand? My Husband looked up a Coralife Turbo Twist 3x but I seen it was discontinued.

Also, we would like to get a smaller or same size but better sump then the one we have. Does anyone know of any good brands worth buying? Ours currently is a DIY.

(You can also look in profile to see my tank info)

DIY sumps are sometimes pretty good. A new sump would depend on your budget. They can get very expensive. May I ask why you want to get a new sump?

Emperor makes a good UV sterilizer. The longer the tube, the more beneficial they seem to be. However, they will not perform miracles such as curing ich or decimate an algae problem. They only give some prevention of these common problems.

I'm a fan of the coralife uv systems. Due to the "twist" they are a little more compact and do a great job. Plus they aren't too bad on he wallet

I am not familiar with that coral life product. It could be shorter, as long as the design allows for the water to be exposed to the UV light long enough to make up the difference in length. The pump strength makes a difference also. I am sure the coralife is less expensive. The emperors will cost your arm, leg, and your first born.

We were hoping to get something smaller (hopefully) & a lot better quality than a rednecked sump. Lol It works good but just want a better looking one.

Do you spend more time looking at the sump or the fish

If its not broke don't fix it you already stated it works fine

Why go smaller for me I would be getting the biggest sump that fits under my tank in my case 6x2x2 lol

Bigger sump = more surface area = better filteraton

Back
Top Bottom