UV Sterilizer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rlboyce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Amazon.com: AquaTop CF-400UV Canister Filter with UV9W Sterilizer - 370 gph: Pet Supplies

A UV sterilizer was suggested to me by a trusted friend and she suggested it be attached to a canister filter. I've never used either one of these types of products so I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. I'm game to change over but want to get a good one. Or want to get just a UV sterilizer if I don't need the canister filter-->my current filter on my 23 gallon tank is an Aqueon Quietflow 30. And my projected tank stock (per the aquarium specialty store staffer I spoke with) is going to be: 4 rasboras (maybe 5, and spacing on the specific breed right now), 1 cory (that I'm also spacing on the specific breed of right now), 3 pygmy corys, 2 matched rams (undecided on breed yet), and an algae eater/bottom feeder of some variety. So I don't want to be under filtrated.

Is the one I linked a good one/good brand? Or should I be looking at something else? Just wondering because I'm doing the poor man's version of the UV sterilizer by covering my tank with blankets. :whistle:
It seems to be clearing up the white blooms I've got growing but since algae/white blooms have never been a problem before, I want to try to prevent them from happening again in the future. Especially since I plan on adding to my tank again in a few weeks. Can't wait to decide what is next. :)

Aquatop has good reviews. I just bought two of the 400uv canisters for my two 55s.I have an aquatop hob with a built in surface skimmer. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom