vertical sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORayRay

Aquarium Advice Regular
alright, i have a 30 gallon hex that is going FOWLR i know the hex isnt the best idea but its all i can fit right now due to space, i know that having a sump is very benifical for many reasons and i would like to have one, but i dont have space to fit even a ten gallon horizontal tank underneath it, so i thought about going vert. i know this exact idea wont work too well at all but its just somthing i drew up real quick for ideas, please feel free to give me your thoughts and ideas.
Ray-Ray
img_986814_0_3b237b330187483146a4201272559558.jpg

i know zero about sumps but there should be compartments so the water isnt just runing over but though it. like on the bottom you have taller and shorter sections but how does the water move in that area? if the tall ones were connected to the the top it would have to flow going up down up down over what ever media you have in there.

yeah, that's what i was trying to figure out, how could i make it into sections that wouldn't leak and be effective

Back
Top Bottom