Vortech ecomarine Complaint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a vortech ecomarine mp10 es. It is a wave maker and cost me about $260. I have had trouble getting it to perform to the level that I have seen and lead to beleive it should. It is suppose to have huge swells like the ocean. I have not been able to get it to do that so I called customer service. Now, they claim to have the best customer service in the saltwater industry. So I looked forward to calling them.

So I called. The guy I talked to was watching tv or something and told me to watch the videos on the web site. I said I had and I was unable to get it to do what they claimed. He said maybe I should buy another one. What? Does that make sense? He said I was doing something wrong. I said well why dont I just figure it out for myself. He said that sounds good and hung up! What an idiot. So I emailed the owner and he said that they had been busy and suggested that I call back another time.

My point is, dont say you have customer service when you have none. This guy did not know about my tank or set up and did not ask. It was terrible. I told them I was going to return it and they said "ok". Great customer service. Sorry had to vent.

The thing with the vortech pumps is that to get really good wave action you need two pumps, one on either side of your tank.

The thing with the vortech pumps is that to get really good wave action you need two pumps, one on either side of your tank.

I agree with this, the wave really needs two pumps. However, that type of customer service is unacceptable in my book. I have two of the big Vortechs MP40W and they both had bearings cease up on me. I think I spoke with the same guy on the phone as you did, not very professional. However, I did get the replacement pieces sent out at no charge and all is good.

I was considering getting the MP40s. Glad I read this. Thanks for sharing.

Though I must say that I've generally heard good things about these pumps.

I think overall there is more good about the pump and company than bad. Everyone has a crappy day once in a while I'm hoping that the day you called they were just having a crappy day. I know that does not excuse the lack of service but I think they are generally a good group of people to deal with.

I agree with the above statements and a great pump is only as good as their customer service. That said, I have a mp-10 and it's such a good pump at moving water in my AQ. that I am in the process of ordering another. I don't deal with the company, I deal with one of their local suppliers. That way I have an "object" that I can choke if nessarry. LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom