want to buy a led fixture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi All,

I want to buy a fixture for my 100g.
I have read so much about just making a DIY one, but I want to just buy one and be done with it.

I am not sure what to get..
I like the one they are selling on fishneedit.com

anybody got any suggestions?

I have 8 of the ecoxotic panorama led modules and I love them. My tank is 90 gallons and tall. If I had to do it again, I would probably buy either 4 or 6 instead of 8 simply because I didn't notice a major difference from when I started with 4. Everything is doing great even some sps. They really are great.

phew them bad boys are expensive, I did the tank calculator they have and I would need $1600 worth of them :-(

Aqua Illuminations Sol, know a gal who's gonna use 2 over a 90G and it's gonna have a nice mix of low and high-light areas

You definitely don't need that many. My tank is 90 gallons (48w x 18d x 24 tall) and 6 was plenty, almost to bright. 8 is no different from 6 in my opinion. They put out basically zero heat, and a major glitter effect. And each individual module comes with its own ballast, so if there's ever a problem you just replace one. I almost went halide, these have the same look with no heat and much less energy. My local fish store orders 20-25 modules at a time and they can't keep them on the shelve. I have never heard anything negative from anyone who has them. Just stay away from the stunners. Not good for deep tanks. Panoramas module are amazing. Just my experience.

I bought the 8000k / 453. I then added two 453's in the center of the canopy and it has the 14k look. Still love em.

Back
Top Bottom