Water Depth for ASM G3 Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maporsche

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the proper depth for the ASM G3 Protein Skimmer in the sump. The website has no information and the instructions that came with the PS were very sub-par. Thanks.

I asked the same thing for my G2 and got no response. Yeah those insrtuctions are something, huh?

I would think you get the water outside up to where the water inside sees its target line as described in the instructions.

as long as the pump is covered and not sucking air you will be fine. not above the level of the output either. i run mine in about 8-9 inches of water

steve r

I have a Reef Devil Deluxe, which is similar to the ASM and it says to keep the waterline at 7" for maximum ability. It's too bad such a good product doesn't have decent instructions.

Mike

My skimmer only came with a one page parts list and on one side a initial start up "guide". No manual on how to put it together, no trouble shooting guide, or how to best use the skimmer! who makes these things anyway?

Back
Top Bottom