water in bubble counter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An empty bubble counter isn't an effective bubble counter, since there's nothing to show the bubbles. As far as the CO2 reaching the tank, an empty bubble counter won't make a difference once it's filled with CO2.

Thanks, I figured it was a silly question. Just wondering if there were any subtle mechanical differences, full or not.

Use veggie oil instead of water, it doesn't evaporate. Provided you have enough pressure, it won't make a bit of difference. If you don't have enough pressure, it might, though I would think the pressure from trying to push down in to the tank would have a greater effect.

Use veggie oil instead of water, it doesn't evaporate. Provided you have enough pressure, it won't make a bit of difference. If you don't have enough pressure, it might, though I would think the pressure from trying to push down in to the tank would have a greater effect.

I like the veggie oil idea, I'm going to try that one. I have a 20 lb tank and the pressure has seemed consistent for the last six months. I installed the Milwaukee regulator and it has been doing a great job.

As long as you keep ~10 psi on the right guage, you shouldn't have any problems at all.
I blew the right gauge during the installation. The only way I know that I know there is any pressure at all is that the right needle is pegged. Plant (and algae) growth has been favorable.

Back
Top Bottom