Water pump for water changes help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Millerman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a few questions and am in need of suggestions for using a water pump to change my aquarium water. Since dumping buckets over my 55 gallon isn't fun and it stirs up my sand substrate I was wondering if I could pump water into my tank with a water pump. My original plan was to just attach a garden hose to the washing room sink but I would need a whole new sink fixture to do this. So I now want just pump the water from 5 gallon buckets to the tank. Can someone recommend a good cheap pump that will work for around 15$ or less.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh and it would have to pump water up a 4 foot incline also. If this is a bad idea could some one suggest a better idea please.

I use a mag 7 to pump water from my garbage cans of water on my back porch to my tanks which range from 5 feet to 25 feet away. Probably too much of a pump but I dont like to wait. LOL
Any cheap pump that pumps like 500gph or more should be able to get the water where it needs to go. :)

thanks I have found that water changes aren't as easy with bigger tanks?

Back
Top Bottom