Wave maker install spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comets55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

I feel that my 30" tank is not flow well in front of the tank.

I have build-in overflow with power head distribute water back into main tank. However, I noticed front of the tank is full of dust. I believe my tank probably did not have enough circulation.

Now, I am thinking to buy Sun Sun JVP-102 wave maker. What do you think? Where should i put the fan? (see drawing for A1, A2 and A3). Also, want to know what is the right number of power to fit my tank? (30" x 18" x 18") around 110 liter of water. Is 5,000 liter/ hr is enough?

Pls see attachment...thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image-2805836940.jpg
    image-2805836940.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 487
  • image-295404387.jpg
    image-295404387.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 513
Hi, I am new to all this but I have a similar set up and I put mine at A1 and half way down the tank and I don't seam to have any dead spots

Yes, I decided to installed at A1 last week. However, my wave maker seems to be too strong for me little tank.

My tank is 120 liters and my wave maker is 3,000 liter per hour. I don't see any smaller power of this wave maker in my market as well. What shall I do?

I have seen 2000lh ones on eBay, but I have 125ltr tank and have a 6000lh and the flow round the tank is really good, not too powerful

Why do you feel it's to strong? try aiming it up more towards the top center of the tank A1 but towards the surface

I had mine half way down and pointing forwards at A1 and it was moving all the sand, now I have it pointing to the middle top and it's fine and still no dead spots but that's a 6000lh in a 125ltr tank

So, I suppose to use the wave maker to suck the dust from the back and blow it up to the surface?

Will try again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom