"Wave" shaped aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty27

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been looking to upgrade my tank size (currently 50 gal.), and in my shopping around have been seeing alot of "wave" shaped tanks. Very unique and decorative design (since half my reason for owning an aquarium is to appreciate the overall beauty)!
Does anyone have such an aquarium tank to offer their insight? Meaning, how is the water flow, leakage/durability, etc.? Or any reasons why this shaped aquarium wouldn't be practical?

Thanks!

Only difficulty I might see would be that it sounds like it would need a stand made especially for it. Other than that...I want a picture! ;)

That's awesome...All Glass Aquariums make good tanks too, I wouldn't worry about leaking with them. I'd get one...with the cherry wood stand. I can't tell you abut the water flow and such, but if you mail me one, I'll test it out for you and let you know how it goes! :lol:

I have seen them and the first thing I thought was that it would be a bear to get decent flow coverage....

Bought from a quality manufacturer (like AllGlass), these are very durable, quality tanks (lots in use atound here...very popular in my city for some reason)...the only problem is that wave glass is not cheap, so they are markedly more expensive than even a similar volume bowfront.

they area very cool. The stand being custom does not give you much room to hide equipment under it. The ones I have seen only have a center storage area so using a sump or w/d with these would not be easy. The ones I saw were being sold with fluvals and ehime canister filters. I would think its tempered glass so drilling the back would be out.
they cost some $$$$$ also... I would rather have a larger tank then one of these.

Cool tanks. They used to only make an open stand for them but yesterday I was at a LFS and saw they now have a closed cabinet style. Nice for hiding equipment.

Back
Top Bottom