what do yall use to plug in all your aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so how cold i get a GCFI? this house is pretty new it was built in around 2004. (it's a rental so i cant really instal anything if it goes in the wall or something.

+1 for JBsDad and using qualified people to do the job right. But, if a poll were taken to see how many people put additional circuit protection on their aquarium setups, I bet you wouldn't see anywhere near double digit % numbers lol (actually, it's not that funny :( ).

Here's a power strip at Walmart with GFCI built into it.

Walmart.com: Tripp Lite 8-Outlet Safety Power Strip With GFCI Plug - 9' Cord: Computers

Generally speaking you don't want to mess with wiring in a rental without the owners permission. If (god forbid) something were to go wrong even completely separate from putting in a new outlet, insurance companies a notorious for refusing claims based on technicalities like this.

I have a power strip plugged into a GFCI. I turn off everything before I do maintenance (last time I didn't my glass heater exploded and knicked me. GFCI stopped me from getting shocked :)

You can find a GFCI at Lowes, Home Depot, or any electrical supply store. They cost about $12 and are not difficult to install.

Attachments

• gfci1.JPG
    gfci1.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 74
  • gfci2.JPG
    gfci2.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 61
I use this;

img_1350978_0_5c078ec6f56ed327594f9b4bd329df1c.jpg

Why? Because its much cheaper in the long run than this is;
img_1350978_1_acd0805082f83f83753d5711790c8990.jpg

Back