What do you think???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$100 is an AMAZING bargain for this setup. Looks beautiful. Go for it!!!

Yeah, I'm lovin' that Fluval. The gray paint is hideous, I'd most likely paint it.

Well, the Jon seal of approval is certainly a reason for me to take the drive!

+1 on the gray color, yuck.
But yes it's worth the money and the drive. It's even worth getting rid of that hideous color, again yuck.
Just consider how much all that stuff would cost if you had to buy it seperately.

Great! Let's hope I'm not let down upon seeing it!

DIRTED TANK #2, BABY!
Yes. This is exactly what I was thinking. But, make sure you look at it good. Don't take it if there's anything about it you don't like (other than the color of course). You definitely don't want to regret spending that $100.

No doubt, this will save me money to buy a high quality light.
Please, enough about the color! Haha, I'll paint it, yeesh!

Yes. This is exactly what I was thinking. But, make sure you look at it good. Don't take it if there's anything about it you don't like (other than the color of course). You definitely don't want to regret spending that $100.

Will definitely look at it good. What's this particle board nonsense, though? Educate me, please.

Particle board is saw dust/chips glued together... most cheap furniture is made out of it nowdays. Particle board + water = bubbles. That's probably what they're talking about. That's not a huge ordeal unless the stand just looks ridiculous. You can always reinforce with 2x4's if the need arises.

Alright, thanks for the insight Jon. My brother is gonna paint it for me this weekend while I'm at work, haha. Have no fear.

I don't have a tape measure...would it be weird for me to ask them to measure it in front of me? Last time I bought a used tank I took the dimensions just to make sure I wasn't getting screwed.

Be sure and check for any hidden leaks. Not all can be fixed, even if you replace all the silicone.

It's always a worry of mine with a used tank. I examine it heavily to make sure there are none, check the sealing and stuff...but you never know. That would suck, big time.

I'll be able to tell, but still, I always like to be safe. I'll just take their word for it.

Back
Top Bottom