What I have learned in researching skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off it sucks, lol! I am trying to decide on a new skimmer with a $400 budget for my 55g Reef. In reading it seems every skimmer has a problem for the most part. But, I have narrowed it down to these 3. In all 3 the owners seem to be happy. Seems I have found more people unhappy with the SWC 180 because of pump issues. The only reason people seem to be unhappy with the SRO 2000INT is the hum or noise, but has been around for years and is tried and true.The Warner Marine MF/Skimz 181 seems to be the one I am leaning towards. Although the Waner Marine MF skimmer has not been around long Skimz has been around for a bit just not in USA. The difference in the two is that WM uses and Eden/Ehiem pump and an improved bubble plate designed by John Warner. The problem though is I can't seem to find any negatives or positives since they were first bought. If there is anything that anybody wants to add please do so! I am going to order something I hope next week!

Octopus SRO 2000INT [/URL]seems to be loud but a good skimmer
SWC 180 [/URL]seems a lot of people don't like the Sicce psk 2500 pump
Warner Marine MF 181 [/URL]has not been out long

Back
Top Bottom