WHAT is in my new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kay56649

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got this new tank and it seems like it was a saltwater tank, seeing it has some salt on the plastic plants and some decorations. It has a big rock background and looks very neat, but what do I do with the tank? I have freshwater fish to put in it, but how to I work the filter in it? It has a tube in the bottom that sucks in water and there is a mesh filter thing in the rock background but is in the middle of the tank and not on top. How does this work??

This is the tank, the open spot in the rock, is where the mesh filter thing is and it sucks in debris from the bottom through a filter top and goes through a tube into the rock background

Attachments

• image-244490000.jpg
    image-244490000.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2519557467.jpg
    image-2519557467.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3574728243.jpg
    image-3574728243.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 135
PLEASE HELP!!!!! I want to use it but don't know how!!!

Just IMO.

Perhaps it requires a canister filter?
It's neat tho. Wish I had something like that

Maybe look up sand fall filter and see if anything similars hows up?

It has a tank heater that came with it, but also has a sticky heating pad on the top/back of the aquarium! But I will look up that filter and see if that's what it is. I got it for free and didn't know what it was. Ha ha

I looked up sandfall filter and it looks VERY similar to what I have. This aquarium also has some fine same behind the rock background but the regular aquarium rocks in the front. I'm guessing it very well could be that. I posted a picture of an opening in the rock, the filter cartridge just sits in there and that's where the water is sucked into through the bottom of the tank.

Yeah I'm 99% sure that's a terrarium that had a waterfall. My friend builds them. I'm sure if he built it the right way you could probably convert it into an aquarium Farley easily

Could I just fill the whole tank with water and just turn it on? Would it work like a filter? It has a fish aquarium lid and light with it and a tank heater with aquarium plants and rocks.

All that stuff is probably terrarium stuff. There is almost no difference. But it won't work as a filter

Back
Top Bottom