What kind of lighting do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, it's strong enough for the most demanding plants, and it's fully adjustable. You set the potency.

mr_X said:
I mean, it's strong enough for the most demanding plants, and it's fully adjustable. You set the potency.

I see. I don't use a glass top. I only glanced over the pendant but it didn't look like it had a clip. But I'll take another look

They have hanging hardware. You will need to rig something to hang them from, or attach them to. they do not have legs to sit on the tank.

I use 2 eShine led lights on my 33L reef tank and 1 on a 10g high tech planted, all Bridgelux versions. 36" Odyssey 2 tulb t5 over a 29g (eventually will be switched over to LEDs), Aquatic Life LED 0.5w freshwater version over a 29g, and t12 show light over a 75.

jefferzbooboo said:
I use 2 eShine led lights on my 33L reef tank and 1 on a 10g high tech planted, all Bridgelux versions. 36" Odyssey 2 tulb t5 over a 29g (eventually will be switched over to LEDs), Aquatic Life LED 0.5w freshwater version over a 29g, and t12 show light over a 75.

How many watts are T5 bulbs on your setup?

Nice! I'm interested in hearing about your high tech setup. I've always wondered what makes a setup high tech. Could you maybe tell me more about it? Haha

Nice! I'm interested in hearing about your high tech setup. I've always wondered what makes a setup high tech. Could you maybe tell me more about it? Haha

Pressurized Co2, high lighting, and EI dosing is high tech to me. I use a Bubble Magnus dosing pump and a Reefkeeper to control lights, regulator solenoid, top off, heater, etc.

That's awesome, did you start a build thread somewhere along the line for it?

I don't believe they make a 300 watt metal halide for reef aquaria use. It would be a plant spectrum...something like this-
54298 Sylvania 300 Watt metal halide, double ended, 5700K, Baby SharXS lamp series- HTI 300W/D5/57 BABY SHARXS

As you can see by the price and spectrum, it's all wrong for this hobby.

I have seen many LED pendants though, of all different wattages. 300 would be a bit rediculous. I have an 8 foot tank and use 480 watts over the entire thing, and it's very potent.

I had no clue they didn't make 300W for aquariums!! Good to know :) it does fit the spec for aquaponic gardening better than either of my halides. I wonder if anyone would trade me for my 600W HTG hanging mirrored ballast halide grow lamp (yes it's a greenhouse grow light, not an aquarium light...

Back
Top Bottom